Finding, locking or erasing a lost device
Google offers a location and security web service called Find my device. After you have signed in to a Google account, Find my device is turned on by default. If you lose your device, you can use Find my device to:
- Find and show where your device is located on a map.
- Lock your device and present a message on the lock screen.
- Unlock your device and reset it by erasing its content.
- Activate the ringer, even if the sound is turned off.
Your device must be turned on, have an internet connection, and have the location service activated. The Find my device service may not be available in all countries or regions.
For additional information about Find my device, go to https://support.google.com/ and search for “Find my device.”
To verify that your device can be found
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and sign in using your Google account.