Using your handset to handle phone calls
Use your Bluetooth® handset to handle incoming calls, for example, to answer or reject a call. The phone number of the caller is shown on the handset display. If you are using the handset with an Android™ device, the name of the caller is also displayed when the caller is saved as a contact on the Android™ device. When the wired headphones are not connected to the handset, you can use the loudspeaker to answer calls. You can also use the handset call log to make calls.
Improving sound quality
The Stereo Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 supports HD Voice, which improves sound quality in voice calls. The function is available in the Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 application on your Android device. For the function to work, the operator network must also support HD voice.
To activate the HD Voice function
- In the Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 application, tap Call Handling and mark the HD Voice checkbox.
To answer a call with the handset
- When you hear an incoming call signal, press .
If you unplug the headphones during a call, you can press to switch the sound to the loudspeaker. If you plug in the headphones back in, the sound automatically switches back to the headphones.
To make a call from the call log on the handset
- Press any key to turn on the handset display, then press and hold down to open the call log.
- Press or to select the contact or number that you want to call, then press to make the call.
To access the call log directly from your handset, you must have the Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 application installed on the connected Android™ device.
If you want to get better sound quality during calls, try using the HD Voice function, which is activated from the Smart Bluetooth® Handset SBH52 application.
To end a call
- During an ongoing call, press .
To reject a call
- When you hear an incoming call signal, press and hold down .
To answer a second call
- When you hear an incoming call signal during an ongoing call, press . The ongoing call is put on hold.
You can also press or to switch to another call and put the current call on hold.
To reject a second call
- When you hear an incoming call signal during an ongoing call, press and hold down .
To mute the microphone during a call
- Press and hold down .