Preparing an Android™ device
Before you can start using your Bluetooth® Remote with an Android™ device, you need to do the following:
- Install the Smart Connect application from Google Play on your Android™ device.
- Pair the Bluetooth® Remote with the Android™ device manually (using Bluetooth®) or automatically (using NFC).
- Install the Remote and Handset BRH10 application from Google Play on your Android™ device.
After successful pairing, the Bluetooth® Remote connects automatically to your Android™ device as soon as the Bluetooth® Remote is turned on and within range. appears in the status bar of your Android™ device after a connection is established.
The Smart Connect application is pre-installed at purchase on all Android™ devices from Sony Mobile.
To install the Smart Connect application on an Android™ device
- From the main application menu of your Android™ device, find and tap Play Store to open the Google Play™ application.
- Tap the search icon at the top right corner and enter "Smart Connect" in the search field, then tap the search icon again.
- Tap Smart Connect.
- Tap Download, then tap Accept & Download.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen of your Android™ device to install the application.
You can only install the Smart Connect application on an Android™ device, for example, a phone or a tablet.
To install the BRH10 application
- Make sure you have the Smart Connect application installed on your Android™ device.
- Pair the Bluetooth® Remote with your Android™ device.
- Android™ device: Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the BRH10 application.
To manually pair your Bluetooth® Remote with an Android™ device
- Android™ device: Make sure the Bluetooth® function is turned on.
- Turn off your Bluetooth® Remote.
- Bluetooth® Remote: Press and hold down the power key until a cyan-coloured notification light starts flashing.
- Android™ device: Scan for Bluetooth® devices, then select BRH10 in the list of available devices.
- Android™ device: Follow the pairing instructions that appear on the screen.
The Bluetooth® Remote automatically enters pairing mode when it's powered on for the first time.
To automatically pair your Bluetooth® Remote with an Android™ device
- Android™ device: Make sure that the NFC function is turned on and that the screen is active and unlocked.
- Place the Bluetooth® Remote over your Android™ device so that the NFC detection area of each device touches the other.
- Android™ device: Follow the pairing instructions that appear.
The device used in this illustration is for illustration purposes only and may not accurately depict the actual device used.