You can enter text with the on-screen QWERTY keyboard by tapping each letter individually, or you can use the Gesture input feature and slide your finger from letter to letter to form words. If you prefer to use a smaller and moveable version of the on-screen keyboard, you can activate the thumb keyboard or the mini keyboard instead.
You can select up to three languages for text input. The Smart language detection feature detects the language that you are using and predicts the words for that language as you type.
|1||Delete a character before the cursor.|
|2||Insert a new line or confirm text input.|
|3||Switch between lower case , upper case and caps . For some languages, this key is used to access extra characters in the language.|
|4||Shift to the moveable thumb keyboard or the mini keyboard.|
|5||Enter a space.|
|6||Personalise your keyboard. This key disappears after the keyboard is personalised.|
|7||Display numbers and symbols. For even more symbols, tap .|
To display the on-screen keyboard to enter text
- Tap a text entry field.
To enter text character by character
- To enter a character visible on the keyboard, tap the character.
- To enter a character variant, touch and hold a regular keyboard character to get a list of available options, then select from the list. For example, to enter "é", touch and hold "e" until other options appear, then, while keeping your finger pressed on the keyboard, drag to and select "é".
To enter a period
- After you enter a word, double-tap the space bar.
To switch between the full keyboard and a smaller keyboard
- When you enter text using the on-screen keyboard, tap , or .
- Select a keyboard.
Tap and hold , then drag it to move the small keyboard as desired.
To change the Gesture input settings
- When the on-screen keyboard is displayed, tap .
- Tap , then tap Keyboard settings .
- To activate or deactivate the Gesture input function, drag the slider beside Gesture input to the on or off position.
To enter text using the Gesture input function
- When the on-screen keyboard is displayed, slide your finger from letter to letter to trace the word that you want to write.
- After you finish entering a word, lift up your finger. A word suggestion appears based on the letters that you have traced.
- If the word that you want does not appear, tap to see other options and select accordingly. If the desired option does not appear, delete the entire word and trace it again, or enter the word by tapping each letter individually.