Volume and sound
The volume can be changed either by using the volume keys or by changing a setting. Sounds and tones can only be changed from a setting.
App settings can override the selected volume and sound settings.
To adjust the media playing volume with the volume key
- When playing music or watching video, press the volume key up or down even when the screen is locked.
To adjust the volume levels
- Find and tap Settings > Sound.
- Drag the volume sliders to the desired positions.
You can also press the volume key up or down and tap to adjust the notification, media playback or alarm volume levels separately.
To set the notification sound
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Notification sound.
- Select a sound from the list or select None to turn off all notification sounds.
- To select a music file that is saved on your device, tap .
- To confirm, tap DONE.
You can change your app settings to allow a sound from a specific app even when the notification sound is set to None . See Notifications.
To enable or disable other sounds and tones
- Find and tap Settings > Sound > Advanced.
- Tap the sliders to enable or disable the different sounds and tones.