You can either project the screen onto a table or onto a wall. Projecting onto a table lets you take full advantage of the touchscreen functions, while projecting onto a wall is ideal for viewing multimedia content, for example, watching films. You can also change the orientation of the projection mode in case of vertically displayed apps.
When the temperature of the projector exceeds the normal operating range, a warning message is displayed in the top right corner of the Home screen . The projector will turn off automatically when it gets too hot.
To navigate the touchscreen
- Navigate the projected screen using your finger.
The device automatically pauses the projection if it is moved or lifted during operation.
To select where to project the Start-up animation
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Start-up animation.
- Select an option.
To project onto a wall
- Place the device directly against the wall in the correct orientation as shown in the illustration. Make sure there are no obstructions above the device or within the projection area.
- To increase or decrease the projection area, reposition the device further from or closer to the wall, as shown in the illustration. The projected image size varies according to the distance from the wall:
- 0 cm: 23 inches
- Approximately 9 cm: 40 inches
- Approximately 18 cm: 60 inches
- Approximately 28 cm: 80 inches
Touch functions are only available when the device is placed on a horizontal surface or directly against a vertical surface.
Touch functions will not work properly:
To dim the screen when the device is lifted up
- Find and tap Settings > Display.
- Tap the Dim the screen when the device is lifted switch to enable or disable the function.
To change the projection orientation
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Portrait apps orientation.
- Select the desired orientation setting.
Due to the limitation of tablet support by third party applications, landscape view cannot be supported by Xperia Touch in some applications.