Tethering with Xperia Link™
If you have an Xperia™ mobile phone, you can share the phone’s mobile data connection with your Xperia™ tablet. This way, your tablet can connect to the Internet without having to use its own SIM card and data connection. This feature is useful when you are out and about and don’t have a mobile or Wi-Fi® connection on your tablet. Before you use tethering with Xperia Link™, make sure the Xperia Link™ application is installed and set up on both devices. Also, your Xperia™ phone must have a camera with auto focus.
The Xperia Link™ application is only supported by Xperia™ phones running the Android™ 4.0 software version or higher. If the Xperia Link™ application is not pre-installed on your Xperia™ phone, you can download it from Google Play™.
To connect your tablet with an Xperia™ phone using Xperia Link™
- Make sure the Bluetooth function is activated on both your Xperia™ phone and tablet and that the phone has an active mobile data connection.
- Tablet: From your Home screen, tap > Xperia Link™ > Add device, then follow the instructions to complete the setup. A QR code™ appears on the screen.
- Phone: From your Home screen, tap > Xperia Link™ > Add device > Scan.
- Hold your phone over the QR code™ on the tablet screen until the complete QR code™ is visible in the viewfinder of the phone.
- Your tablet automatically scans the QR code™ and connects to your Xperia™ phone once the QR code™ is recognised.
- To confirm the connection, tap OK.