Turning the device on and off
View all topics
To turn on the device
|Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.|
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- If your screen goes dark, briefly press the power key to activate the screen.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap .
- If your screen is locked, place a finger on the screen and swipe up or down to unlock it.
- Wait a while for the device to start.
|Your SIM card PIN is initially supplied by your network operator, but you can change it later from the Settings menu. To correct a mistake made while entering your SIM card PIN, tap .|
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
- Tap OK.
|It may take a while for the device to shut down.|
To force the device to shut down
- Remove the back cover.
- Press and hold down the OFF button using the tip of a pen or a similar object. The device turns off automatically.
|Do not use overly sharp objects that could damage the OFF button.|