The Phonepad is similar to a standard 12-key telephone keypad. It gives you predictive text and multi-tap input options. You can activate the Phonepad text input method via the keyboard settings. The Phonepad is only available in portrait orientation.
|1||Choose a text input option. You can tap each character once and use word suggestions, or keep tapping the key until the desired character is selected.|
|2||Delete a character before the cursor.|
|3||Enter a carriage return or confirm text input.|
|4||Enter a space.|
|5||Display symbols and smileys.|
|7||Change the character case and turn on the caps lock.|
To open the Phonepad for the first time
- Tap a text entry field, then tap .
- Tap , then tap Keyboard settings.
- Tap Keyboard appearance > Keyboard layout.
- Select the Phonepad.
To enter text using the Phonepad
- When appears in the Phonepad, tap each character key only once, even if the letter you want is not the first letter on the key. Tap the word that appears or tap to view more word suggestions and select a word from the list.
- When appears in the Phonepad, tap the on-screen key for the character you want to enter. Keep tapping this button until the desired character is selected. Then do the same for the next character you want to enter, and so on.
To enter numbers using the Phonepad
- When the Phonepad is displayed, tap . A Phonepad with numbers appears.
To insert symbols and smileys using the Phonepad
- When the Phonepad is displayed, tap . A grid with symbols and smileys appears.
- Scroll up or down to view more options. Tap a symbol or smiley to select it.