I can’t unlock my screen
Reset the screen lock on your Xperia™ device if you forget your screen lock PIN, password or pattern, or if you can’t unlock the screen on your device for some other reason. Make sure to read about the result and requirements of each reset method carefully before you proceed.
Use the my Xperia service to reset the screen lock.
Result: No content on your device will be deleted.
Requirements: This reset method requires that you have previously enabled the my Xperia service on your device. To check if my Xperia has been activated on your device, go to myxperia.sonymobile.com and sign in using the Google™ account that you have set up on your device. The method also requires that the device has an active Internet connection (Wi-Fi® or mobile network).
To reset the screen lock using the my Xperia service
- Go to myxperia.sonymobile.com from any Internet-connected device, for example, a computer.
- Sign in using the same Google™ account or Sony Entertainment Network account that you have set up on your Xperia™ device.
- Click the picture of your Xperia™ device under Your Devices.
- Select Lock or Change PIN to replace the current screen lock with a new PIN code.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the my Xperia service.
Use the software repair feature in the Xperia™ Companion application to reset the screen lock on your Xperia™ device.
Result: The software on your device will be reinstalled. All personal data saved on the internal memory of your device will be deleted. Content on the external SD card will not be deleted.
Requirements: This method requires that you have access to a computer with an active Internet connection. You need a USB cable to connect your device to a computer. The device must have a minimum charge level of 80%.
To repair the device software using Xperia™ Companion
Before performing a software repair, make sure you know your Google™ credentials. Depending on your security settings, you may need to enter them in order to start up the device after a software repair.
- Open the Xperia™ Companion software on the computer and select Software repair on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the software and complete the repair.