Finding the identification number of your device
Your device has a unique ID (identification) number. In your device, this number is referred to as the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). You should keep a copy of this number. You may require it, for example, when you access the Xperia™ Care support service and need to register your device. Also, if your device is stolen, some network providers can use this number to stop the device from accessing the network in your country.
To view your IMEI number
- Make sure your device is turned off.
- Detach the cover for the micro SIM card and memory card slot.
- Using a fingernail, remove the two label trays (in the order shown in the illustration) to view your IMEI number.
To view the IMEI number, you can also open the phone dialer on your device and enter *#06#.
To view your IMEI number via the device settings
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI information.