Some apps will ask for permissions once you start using them. You can allow or deny permissions individually for each app, either from the Settings menu or from the Permission confirm dialog. Permission requirements depend on the app’s design.
Allowing or denying permissions
You can choose whether to allow or deny permissions when the dialog is shown. If you have used another Android version previously, most apps will have already been granted the necessary permissions.
To allow a permission
- To allow a permission, tap Allow. You can mark the Don't ask again checkbox if you wish.
To deny a permission
- To deny a permission, tap Deny when the dialog is shown.
Some applications can still be used even if you have denied permissions.
Some permissions are mandatory for apps to work as intended. In such cases, a dialog will inform you.
To configure applications
- Find and tap Settings > Apps > .
- Select a configuration option, for example App permissions, then choose an application that you want to configure.
To allow critical permissions
- Find and tap Settings > Apps .
- Tap an app and then tap Permission.
- Select an option, then tap the relevant slider to adjust permissions.
Allowing or denying automatic application updates
If the automatic update feature is enabled, your applications get updated without you being asked, so you may not realise that large volumes of data are being downloaded. In order to avoid potentially high data transfer costs, you can disable automatic updates or enable automatic updates only over Wi-Fi connection. You have to disable the automatic update feature in the Play Store app to avoid the automatic updating of apps.
To enable or disable automatic updates for all applications in the Play Store
- Find and tap .
- Tap , then tap Settings > Auto-update apps.
- Select the preferred option.
Your device can determine the default app to handle a particular web link. This means that if the link is set, you don’t need to select an app each time you open a link. You can change the default app any time you want.
To manage app links from the Settings menu
- Find and tap Settings > Apps.
- Tap and find Opening links.
- Select an app, and adjust the settings as desired.