Listening to music
Use the Music application to listen to your favourite music and audio books.
|1||Minimise the full screen player|
|2||Search all songs saved to your device|
|3||View the current play queue|
|4||View menu options|
|5||Album art (if available)|
|6||Add or remove a song as a favourite|
|7||Elapsed time of current song|
|8||Add a song to a playlist|
|9||Progress indicator – drag the indicator or tap along the line to fast-forward or rewind|
|10||Total time length of current song|
|11||Repeat all songs in the current play queue|
|12||Tap to go to the next song in the play queue, touch and hold to fast-forward within the current song|
|13||Play or pause a song|
|14||Tap to go to the previous song in the play queue, touch and hold to rewind within the current song|
|15||Shuffle songs in the current play queue|
Music home screen
|1||Tap in the top left corner to open the Music menu|
|2||Scroll up or down to view content|
|3||Play a song using the Music application|
|4||Play all songs in shuffle mode|
|5||Return to the music player screen|
To play a song using the Music application
- From your Home screen, tap , then find and tap .
- Tap .
- Select a music category.
- Tap a song to play it.
You might not be able to play copyright-protected items. Make sure that you have the necessary rights for the content you wish to use.
To find song-related information online
- While a song is playing in the Music application, tap the Album art and then tap More about this.
Online resources related to the song can include videos on YouTube™, song lyrics, and artist information on Wikipedia.
To edit music information and download album art
- From the Music application, tap the Album art and then tap Edit music info.
- Edit the information as desired.
- To set or download album art, tap , then select an option.
- When you are finished, tap Save.
You can also set album art to download automatically in the Music menu, under Settings.
To adjust the audio volume
- Press the volume key up or down.
To minimise the Music application
- When a song is playing, tap to go to the Home screen. The Music application keeps running in the background.
To open the Music application when it is playing in the background
- While a song is playing in the background, drag the status bar downwards and tap the Music application.
- Alternatively, from your Home screen, tap , then find and tap .