Mirroring the screen of your device wirelessly on a TV
You can use the Screen mirroring feature to show the screen of your device on a TV or other large display without using a cable connection. Wi-Fi Direct® technology creates a wireless connection between the two devices, so you can sit back and enjoy your favourite photos from the comfort of your couch. You can also use this feature to listen to music from your device using the TV’s speakers.
When using Screen mirroring, the image quality may sometimes be negatively impacted if there is interference from other Wi-Fi networks.
To mirror the screen of your device on a TV screen
- TV: Follow the instructions in the User guide of your TV to turn on the Screen mirroring function.
- Your device: Find and tap Settings > Device connection > Connection preferences > Screen mirroring.
- Tap START.
- Tap OK and select a device.
Your TV must support Screen mirroring based on Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ for the function to work. If your TV does not support Screen mirroring, you may need to purchase a wireless display adapter separately. Also, when using Screen mirroring, do not cover the Wi-Fi antenna area of your device.
Tap (Menu icon) for more options.
To stop screen mirroring between devices
- Find and tap Settings > Device connection > Connection preferences > Screen mirroring.
- Tap Disconnect, then tap OK.
You can also stop screen mirroring by tapping the notification in the status bar of your device. Drag the status bar downwards and tap Disconnect, then tap OK.