Starting your device for the first time
It is recommended that you charge the battery for at least 30 minutes before starting up your device for the first time. You can still use your device while it is charging, see Charging your device.
The first time you start your device, a setup guide helps you to configure basic settings, personalise your device and sign in to your accounts, for example a Google™ account.
To turn on the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap .
- Wait a while for the device to start.
To turn off the device
- Press and hold down the power key until the options menu opens.
- In the options menu, tap Power off.
It may take a while for the device to shut down.