Finding a lost device
If you have a Google™ account, the my Xperia web service can help you locate and secure your device if you ever lose it. You can:
- Locate your device on a map.
- Sound an alert even if the device is in silent mode.
- Remotely lock the device and make the device display your contact information to anyone who finds it.
- As a last resort, remotely clear the internal and external memory of the device.
The my Xperia service may not be available in all countries/regions.
To activate the my Xperia service
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Security > Protection by my Xperia > Activate.
- Mark the checkbox, then tap Accept.
- If prompted, sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account, or create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Enable location services on your device if this function is not already enabled.
To verify that the my Xperia service can locate your device, go to myxperia.sonymobile.com and sign in using either the Google™ account or the Sony Entertainment Network account that you have set up on your device.