View all topics
Text input using Gesture input
Input text by swiping your finger from letter to letter on the on-screen keyboard.
To activate the Swipe to write function:
- When you enter text using the on-screen keyboard, touch and hold the Settings menu key in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Text input settings.
- Mark the Swipe to write checkbox.
Tip: Mark the Space before swipe checkbox to automatically add a space before the new swipe.
To enter text using the Swipe to write function:
- When you enter text using the on-screen keyboard, swipe your finger from letter to letter to spell the word that you want to write. Lift your finger up when you’ve finished entering a word.
- The phone suggests a word base on the letter you have entered. If necessary, select the correct word in the candidate bar. Scroll right or left in the candidate bar to view more options. If you can’t find the desired word, tap once to delete the entire word, then reenter the word.
- Swipe to enter the next word if the Space before swipe setting is activated. Otherwise, enter a space and then swipe to enter the next word
Tip: To enter joined compound words when the Space before swipe setting is activated, you may need to enter the first part of the word by swiping and then enter the rest of the word by tapping each letter.